Bird news

Two Red-necked Phalaropes reported from Kallonis Saltpans on 16 August where the Dalmatian Pelican was still present on 10 Aug along with a Slender-billed Gull on the same date.


Passage/returning waterbirds seen in recent weeks include Shoveler, Pintail, Gargane, Teal, Purple Heron, Spotted Redshank, Green, Wood and Common Sandpipers, Temminck's Stint, Curlew Sandpiper, Dunlin and Ruff.


Red-backed, Lesser Grey, Woodchat and Masked Shrikes all seen so far this month and Cretzschmar's Bunting still present this morning around Polichnitos Saltpans where there is also a Tawny Pipit (since 19th).


I'll do a full monthly round up at the months end and will post more interesting bird news as and when I get it from now on for those of you going out there this autumn.


Please remember to sends me your records if you are there this autumn. Sorry I won't make it myself.